2008年3月20日 星期四

Daily English 每日英語

三月二十日 題目: 用英文叫外賣
  • Pizza man: Hello? Pizza Palace (皇宮).
  • Daren: Yes, I’d like to order a couple of pizza to be delivered.
  • Pizza man: OK. Do you want large, medium or small and any toppings (奶油).
  • Daren: can I have 2 large pizzas – one with pepperoni (辣味香腸) and one with olives (橄欖)?
  • Pizza man: Sure. That’ll be $15.95. The pizzas will be delivered in 20 minutes, or we’ll give you the cheaper one free.
  • Daren: Great! Don’t rust!
Vocabulary
  • Delivery
    convey; give; express; give birth; redeem; surrender
  • Cheap
    not expensive


三月十九日 題目: 利用英語獲得更的醫療照顧
  • Doctor: Hi, Ken. You don’t look very well. What seems to be the problem? My receptionist told me it was urgent.
  • Ken: Help me doctor. I think I’m dying! Thanks for giving me the appointment so quickly.
  • Doctor: What are your symptoms? I’ll take your temperature and blood pressure. Are you getting enough sleep? Have you changed your diet lately?
  • Ken: I’ve got a pounding (猛擊的) headache, a sore (痛的) stomach and a dry throat. I’m eating the same things I always eat and I usually sleep eight hours a night.
  • Doctor: When did this start? Have you ever felt this way before? You have a little fever and your eyes are red but your blood pressure is alright (正常).
  • Ken: When I woke up this morning after the party. Actually, I always feel this way after a party. I think maybe I’m allergic to parties. Do you have a pill for that?
Vocabulary
  • Party
    social gathering, celebration
  • doctor
    person who is licensed to practice medicine


三月十八日 題目: 利用英語運作電子商務交易
  • What do you buy online? Is it safe?
  • What's your favorite e-business?
  • What do you think is the secret to online success?
  • Listen to these words and practice saying them for today's class...
  • success, e-business, payment, shipping, security, e-mail, confirmation
  • The internate has really changed the way people do business! Join a conversation class now and your live teacher will help you learn how to talk about e-commerce in English!
Vocabulary
  • safe
    secure; guarded; protected; careful; cautious
  • commerce
    n. buying and selling

三月十七日 題目: 如何用英語討論電視廣告
  • Daren: I just bought a new camera.
  • Paolo: Why did you do that? Your old camera is in perfect condition!
  • Daren: I know! It's just that I saw an advert on TV about how this new camera will change my life...
  • Paolo: You fell for that!? That's why I never watch adverts they brainwash you into buying things you don't need or want!
  • Daren: You're right! I am going to stop watching adverts too! But first I need to go buy the new mobile phone I saw advertised this morning...
  • Paolo: Daren! You already have a mobile phone!
  • Daren: I have to buy this one though... it's going to change my life!
Raw XML: Dialog script & MP3 Download

沒有留言: